If you are in the midst of wedding planning and feeling overwhelmed with the entire decision making process, don’t worry! You are not alone. Who ever said this is supposed to be the best time of your life, clearly was not engaged and planning their wedding day. It’s overwhelming and that’s ok, it’s all part of the process. It is part true that when they say “If you can survive wedding planning, you can survive anything!” Here are some of my advices to help keep your sanity:
- Don’t panic! Why are you panicking? Whatever is meant to be will be, and there is no escaping it. Just remember that at the end of the day, everything is going to work out and everything will come together for your big day!
- Tackle one thing at a time. Most of the issues that modern brides are having is doing too many things at once. Take a day to research your photographers. Photographers only, not photographers, florists, and DJ’s. Concentrate on one vendor a day and your mind won’t cloud your judgment.
- Try to schedule your vendor visits wisely. Once you have selected 2-3 vendors that you like, and they are available for your wedding day, schedule your appointments at least a week in advance. This gives you a better time slot and more negotiation room, because you are interested, not desperate.
- Take your time with your decisions. Don’t say “yes” right away when it comes to booking your vendors. Give yourself and your fiancé a day or more to think about your options. Most of the time you will change your mind about things, so give yourself a day before you sign any contracts.
- Don’t settle! It’s your wedding day, why would you? If you are working on a small budget, that’s not an excuse. I believe that you can always find something that you love as long as you have the will to keep looking for it. Some girls find their wedding venue in 1-3 venue visits, and that’s great! With other girls, it takes MONTHS (take me for example)! No matter what, choose whatever makes you excited and happy about your wedding day!
- Trust your wedding planner! You hired your wedding planner for a reason, now let them work their magic. Don’t try to keep your wedding planner in check because what you don’t realize is that a lot of work is behind the scenes and we don’t want to stress out our brides. One of the main reasons you hire an event planner is to guide you and to take wedding planning weight off your shoulders, and that’s exactly what we will do!
- Keep your fiancé in the loop! I am sure all of us are guilty of this one, but take my advice, make plans and have a date night to make future plans together!